Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Bunny Teeth

I am a proud member of the Heartland Smiles bowling team. We are currently in last place in the Ladies League, but we have fun every week and that's what matters right?! Plus, the ladies are all good sports about taste testing my crazy concoctions! All four team members, Chelsie, Katie, Dawna & myself all happen to have birthdays that fall in April. Of course, a combined birthday party was a must-have and Tuesday was the special night, cake, candy, decorations & all!

Almost everyone that has a birthday in April has had Easter fall on their day at least once and what are we rewarded with? No clown/magicians, no slumber parties, but boiled eggs, church & a bunny cake! We thought it only appropriate to bring in our own bunny cake & candies to our party, and they were a hit. Especially the gummy "Bunny Teeth"!
how awesome are these!?



Gummy Bunny Teeth! Only $1!


Mine kind of just looked like dentures! :(
Katie's bunny teeth were much better!! :)
Anyone who has had to share their birthday with a holiday knows what I'm talking about. Fortunately, Easter is one of those "floaters" so this is the first year my birthday (April 24th) will fall on the holiday. I am actually looking forward to all the candy treats that will be around, and I think it's great that my family will all be together too!


I also brought some jelly beans and got a little martini/margarita glass to put the candy in--they turned out pretty cute, and are a super simple candy dish! You can pretty much put candy in anything and I'll think it's the best thing ever, but jelly beans really do look go any kind of stemware and it will look very festive, especially for Easter :)
Easter Candy Dishes

Now that's a table setting!



Plain jelly beans are over-rated! I used Jolly Rancher, Lifesaver, & Sour Patch jelly beans to add a little zip to my barware, so now, when you're finished drinking your martinis you can fill your glass back up with candy! Can't get much better than that!


Oh, and if you are wondering, we did beat the other team in bowling (with no help from my wonderful scores of 98, 85, and 93....oops!) so maybe we won't get last place after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment