Friday, November 4, 2011

National Candy Day!

Happy National Candy Day!!

Many would argue that this holiday should coincide with Halloween since that is when all the treats get divided out to the children. But November 4th it is. Many would also argue that candy is associated mainly with children, wrong again. 65% of America's total candy consumption is gobbled up by adults (I'm guessing I'm a solid 2%!).

Sadly, I forgot about this holiday until my good friend, a dental hygienist at that, texted me last night asking what fabulous plans I had for the holiday. I promised her I would come up with something "fabulous" so the cranks upstairs started turning...

I have a book full of candy construction ideas that I haven't gotten to try yet, and I get to babysit my wonderful nieces and nephews today--this could be it! This book gives ideas and instructions on how to build animals, buildings, scenes, anything you want out of pure candy! Even more perfect--the kids already have stash of candy leftover from Halloween that we can tap into :)
This book will be our inspiration :)
Check back tomorrow to see the results of our National Candy Day project. I promise I will post (I know I haven't been keeping up with the updates lately).

Happy Candy Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment