Saturday, June 11, 2011

Air Delights

I found a new candy as I was checking out at Walmart the other day. (I came in for light bulbs and came out with a whole cart load!! Hate when that happens--except when it's candy that sneaks it's way into the cart of course!) Anyhow, this new candy bar is Hershey's Air Delights which is explained on the wrapper as
"The HERSHEY'S milk chocolate you love gently blended for a light, airy texture that melts effortlessly in your mouth."
It was quite yummy!! But I must warn you that it is made to melt quickly, and that includes in your hands. I was trying to take a picture of in the inside because it looks really neat, kind of like a honeycomb, but couldn't get a focused picture with a shaky hand, so by the time I gave up, my fingers were covered in chocolate (not that it was a real problem, I would take a shower in chocolate if I could!)
They have Air Delight Kisses too!
The air bubbles really look like that-very neat!
I was intrigued by the aerated chocolate and I searched a little on the internet for more bars like this-I found Bubble Chocolate. They were one of the first to introduce the aerated dark and milk chocolate bars. I really liked their marketing campaign stating that the candy bars have fewer calories per volume that other chocolate bars, which really just means that the air part of the candy bar doesn't contain any calories (duh), so you can eat a "bigger" candy bar for the same amount of calories. Quite clever...
They actually had directions on their website on how to eat aerated chocolate! You are supposed to just let it melt in the mouth slowly is what I got from the paragraph long instructions.
index.html.gif

Seems like there are new variations of candy coming out all the time, and I am happy to taste test every one of them....so bring on the candy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment