Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Warm, Toasty Candies...yum!

Summer is finally here to stay!! Yesterday at 4:00pm when I checked www.weather.com it was blistering a 95 degrees in Vermillion!! :) love it! What I also love is the collection of candy in my car that gets to bake in the sun all day just waiting to melt in my mouth on my way home from work. Yesterday during my 2 minute drive home, I polished off the last couple "Os" of my Apple-Os, a handful of Mike n' Ikes, and 2 handfuls of Skittles. One may think that candy would be ruined if left in a 100 degree car for a week, but as long as you keep them out of direct sunlight, they are just perfect for a soft, melt-in-your-mouth, treat! When I was young, I used to put my bag of Skittles in my pocket all day, letting them warm up just perfectly. I once tried putting them in the microwave, but that did not turn out well....

So before you throw away that warmed-up, slightly melted candy, just give it a shot, you might like it :)

***Warning: this does not work for chocolate!! (duh)

No comments:

Post a Comment