Friday, August 19, 2011

Candy Buffet

So as I mentioned earlier, I put together a candy bouquet for one of my best friends' wedding. Meghan & Wes had a yellow and gray theme to their wedding that turned out beautiful. Yellow and grey candies however, are a little difficult to find! 

This is the best picture I got :(
I was too busy having an amazing time I guess to get anything better!


When Meghan asked me to put this together, I initially was planning on making all my own candies, but because I was also a bridesmaid in the wedding, and had to travel a day to get to the location, I just thought it was too much work for candies that wouldn't be fresh, so I settled on store bought candies (except the mints of course!)


For those that know me, I am a self-proclaimed rummage sale queen, so every candy dish that I used was a garage sale or thrift store find for under $2. Pretty good huh? :) I just washed them up and decorated them with ribbons to bring the whole color theme together.


For my candies I settled on the following:

  • Lemonade Mike n' Ikes
  • Peachie-Os
  • Lemon Heads
  • Banana Laffy Taffy
  • Mystery Flavor Air Heads
  • Hershey's Kisses
  • Lifesaver Peppermints
  • Swedish Fish
  • Lemon Squiggle Pops
  • Pina Colada Candy Cane sticks
  • Giant Yellow Marshmallows
  • Wedding Theme Conversation Hearts

I purchased all this candy from different places including, Bob's Candy Warehouse in Yankton, Wholesale Supply Co. in Yankton, Walmart, HyVee, and http://www.candywarehouse.com/


I used this image as a theme as well with stickers on favor bags for the guests, and of course a "Love is Sweet" sign. Cute.
The only down-side to a candy buffet is all the leftovers....wait who am I kidding?!? I do have lots of leftover candy, and I did get a little bit of a bellyache when I was "emptying out" my candy dishes, but there really isn't such a thing as too much candy in my house :)
Congrats to the Mr. & Mrs.!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment