Friday, February 18, 2011

Bite My Butterfinger!

As my craving inspired me earlier today, I found a recipe for super simple butterfinger candy bars. Only 3 ingredients! Candy corn, peanut butter, and chocolate. Yes, candy corn is available year round, not just halloween. I chose to use the crunchy peanut butter for a little added crunch and semi-sweet chocolate chips for dipping because that's what I had on hand. In the future I will probably use milk chocolate just because I like that better, but you can use either per your taste.
Here's the recipe:


16 oz candy corn
16 oz peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
12 oz chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)


1. Line a 8x8inch pan with wax paper. Set aside.


2. Melt the candy corn in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue melting in 15 minute increments, stirring between each nuke. 
Melted Candy Corn
3. When completely melted, add peanut butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan and cool in fridge until set. Cut into pieces (fun size).
Wax paper makes for easy clean-up which 
is nice as sticky candy dishes are not fun.
3. Melt chocolate in double boiler, or in a glass bowl set atop very hot water. For smoother chocolate you can add 2 tablespoons of shortening.
My version of a double boiler .
The larger bottom sauce pan has water in it
.
4. Dip fun size bars into chocolate with a fork and set on wax paper to cool. Store layered between wax paper in an air tight container. Enjoy!

Like I said, these will be super easy for you to make...I of course, had to make a giant mess. I really like stirring things together, so before reading the recipe through, I combined the candy corn and the peanut butter. I didn't try it, but I'm guessing the peanut butter would have hindered the candy corn melting process. So, I had to fish out the candy corn pieces from a giant clump of peanut butter...this gave me literal peanut "butter-fingers"[insert rimshot]. 
Assembly line dipping
Accidentally Mixed Together
DON'T do this!
After separation - icky sticky mess
After that fiasco everything went very well and they turned out great! So if you are craving a crispity, crunchity, peanut buttery treat--here ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment