Monday, February 28, 2011

Candy Addict?

I think I could find candy anywhere...

Example: This weekend we watched Matt's brother Paul in a boxing match, and low and behold what did I find under the chair in front of me? The lik-a-stix from Fun Dip!! It was even a fresh Valentine's day one because it said "Luv-a-ble" where it usually says "Lik-a-Stik". If I would of had one more Bud Light in me, I probably would have picked it up and ate it because everyone knows eating the stick at the end is the best part! 
The lonely lik-a-stix calling out to me...
However the combination of smelly, sweaty men surrounding me, the dirty floor, & the fact that it was already half eaten kept me from embarrassing myself in a true candy addict moment. (I had an image of me licking the floor to get that last little bit of sugar that spilled from the packet-much like a drug addict searching through a medicine cabinet...yikes!)

Maybe I can smell the sugars, or just have an eye for anything sweet, but it seems at even the least expected moments (like a boxing match) I will find that candy to tempt me. Let's just hope I can keep this addiction under control!
Great fight Paul!!

1 comment:

  1. It,s a shame that the poor Lick-O-Stick had to go to waste. I,m not shure if the five second rule or the five month rule applies here. I have eaten very old candy that I found in the pickup and it was fine sometimes you just have to chance it. Candy really does rule. love Dad

    ReplyDelete