Monday, September 5, 2011

Candy Diet - Day 4

I'm actually writing this entry on Day 5 of my candy-only diet, but I have been out of town on a mini-vacation/bachelorette party weekend. Definitely a challenge to any diet! So here's my recollection of how Day 4 went down in the legendary candy diet:


Before our big road trip, I perused the gas station for a suitable breakfast. While the other ladies all got coffee and breakfast sandwiches, I snatched up some Gummy Lifesavers. They were pretty tasty, and the circle shapes were also fun to play with!
My skeletor hand with a candy "ring"
For lunch, we stopped at Culver's--it was tough not to get one of their tasty butter burgers, but I did give in and get a Nerds Concrete Mixer, which I understand could be debatable as candy...but hey I turned down a greasy hamburger!! I'm counting it :)
We finally made it to our destination: Valley Fair!! You can bet I had my eyes out for some tasty fair candy....this is what I found:
I ordered my cotton candy on a cone as opposed to a bag because it's just more fun to eat that way, so when the cotton candy lady loaded my cone up with fluffy pink cotton candy I was pretty stoked...until she then stepped over and doubled it up with another coating of blue cotton candy!! AWESOME!! This thing was ginormous, and yes I did share...a little...


Supper was the most challenging part of the day. Cheesecake Factory. They are known of course for their cheesecake, but also for their delicious pasta, which I have been craving all week, and everyone else in the party ordered. I think our waiter thought I was a little loopy when all I ordered was a slice of Snickers Bar Cheesecake for my meal (which also could be debatable as cheating this candy diet, I know, I'm still counting it anyways). The cheesecake was delicious and it came on a plate--it was awesome to eat with a fork for the first time in 4 days! With a few candy exceptions and some Red Vines licorice to keep my hunger at bay all day, I think I did pretty well for "dieting" on a vacation!
Snickers Bar Chunks and Cheesecake
Snickers baked right into Cheesecake Factory's
Creamy Cheesecake and topped with Fudge and Caramel
Since I was out of town, I didn't have a scale to weigh in, but here's the rest of my results:


Weight Change: NA (Total: -3.3 lbs)
Hunger Level: 3
Candy Love: 9.8


A post-note on temptations for today: the gals I traveled with were NOT helpful in the fact that they kept telling me just "Put some Skittles on a hamburger and eat it!" or "Order a steak from the menu and just dip it in chocolate" haha thanks for a great vaca girls, but no thank you for the candied value meal advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment