Thursday, September 1, 2011

Candy Diet - Day 1

So day one of my candy diet didn't start off too hot...this is to blame:
Lemon-Drop Lemon Squiggle Pop Martin
I started my strict candy-only diet at 12:01am this morning, so to follow the rules, my drink had to be candy garnished. A lemon-drop martini with a lemon squiggle pop sounded quite appropriate. Turns out it was quite strong! So needless to say, I wasn't feeling too hot this morning. 


Breakfast started with Rasinettes which according to the package have very good antioxidants and 1/4 cup equals a half a serving of fruit! Not bad for breakfast eh?


After my tummy stopped feeling queasy from my candy drink last night, I dived into some sour gummy caterpillars for lunch :) Dessert and my snack for the day was mini Kit Kats.
By the afternoon I was feeling a lot more chipper and was getting a lot of support from my followers on facebook, so I knew I could make it through the week just fine. 


Supper rolled around and I was craving something salty, so a Big Hunk it was. Big Hunks are essentially honey taffy with peanuts in it. They can be enjoyed a couple different ways: you can simply open the package and enjoy, you can microwave the whole bar for 5-10 seconds for a soft treat, or you can slam the bar onto a hard surface so it breaks into lots of bite-size pieces. My recommendation is to slam it, cuz it's way more fun! Just make sure to slam it before you open the packaging though, or it will look like this:
Messy Big Hunk...Bust It-Smack It, Break It To Pieces!!


Here's my results for Day One. (Number rate scale goes as normal. 1 being the least and 10 being the most)
Weight Change: none
Hunger Level: 1
Love of Candy: 10


So in summary, Day One started off a little rocky, but it's now about 9 o'clock and I'm feeling great! 6 more days!
Eating candy, representing Heartland Smiles. My dentist would be so proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment